The sub-process node is to execute an external workflow definition as a task node.
Project -> Management-Project -> Name-Workflow Definition, and click the
Create Workflow button to enter the DAG editing page.
- Drag from the toolbar task node to canvas to create a new SubProcess task.
- Node name: The node name in a workflow definition is unique.
- Run flag: Identifies whether this node schedules normally.
- Descriptive information: Describe the function of the node.
- Task priority: When the number of worker threads is insufficient, execute in the order of priority from high to low, and tasks with the same priority will execute in a first-in first-out order.
- Worker grouping: Assign tasks to the machines of the worker group to execute. If
Default is selected, randomly select a worker machine for execution.
- Environment Name: Configure the environment name in which run the script.
- Timeout alarm: Check the timeout alarm and timeout failure. When the task runs exceed the "timeout", an alarm email will send and the task execution will fail.
- Sub-node: It is the workflow definition of the selected sub-process. Enter the sub-node in the upper right corner to jump to the workflow definition of the selected sub-process.
- Predecessor task: Selecting a predecessor task for the current task, will set the selected predecessor task as upstream of the current task.
This example simulates a common task type, here we use a child node task to recall the Shell to print out "hello". This means executing a shell task as a child node.
Create a Shell task
Create a shell task to print "hello" and define the workflow as
Create the Sub_process task
To use the sub_process, you need to create the sub-node task, which is the shell task we created in the first step. After that, as shown in the diagram below, select the corresponding sub-node in position ⑤.
After creating the sub_process, create a corresponding shell task for printing "world" and link both together. Save the current workflow and run it to get the expected result.
sub_process to recall a sub-node task, you need to ensure that the defined sub-node is online status, otherwise, the sub_process workflow will not work properly.