First Anniversary Celebration of Apache DolphinScheduler's Graduation From ASF Incubator! Here Comes the Project Status Report!
Before you know it, Apache DolphinScheduler has graduated from the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) incubator for one year!
On April 9, 2021(Beijing Time), the ASF announced that Apache DolphinScheduler had graduated as a top project, bringing the first Chinese-led project in big data workflow scheduling to the world.
Now, one year on, Apache DolphinScheduler has picked up the pace with the attention and help of ASF and is aiming to play a more important role in the DataOps space.
As we mark the first anniversary of Apache DolphinScheduler's graduation from the ASF incubator, we'd like to report on what the project has achieved in this limited time with the help of the ASF and the community.
Keeping rapid iteration and good health
According to ASF Project Statistics, the Apache DolphinScheduler community has a health score of 9.19, which means the community is in good running.
Currently, there are 45 Committers and 19 PMCs in the community, with a Committer-to-PMC ratio of 2:1.
01 Project activities
So far in 2021, we have released 11 versions and refactored 70% of the code, resulting in a 20x performance improvement. We have added Python SDK support, launched WorkflowAsCode functionality, and implemented highly requested community optimizations such as plug-in and one-click upgrades. The latest version is now 2.0.5.
Meetups and Conference.
- The Apache DolphinScheduler online meetup on 27 November 2021, with around 4,000 people watching.
- The Apache DolphinScheduler online meetup on 26 February 2022, with approximately 5,000 views.
- Joint online meetup with Apache ShenYu (Incubating) on 26 March 2022, with approximately 6,000 views.
- After April 2022, there will be a regular Meetup (including joint Meetups overseas)per month ......
02 Community Health Status
email@example.com Traffic increased by 64% compared to last quarter
- 297 emails compared to 181 in the previous quarter
- 972 commits in the last quarter (123% increase)
- 88 code contributors last quarter (up 25%)
- 824 new PRs opened on GitHub in the last quarter (up 89%)
- 818 PRs closed on GitHub in the last quarter (up 100%)
- 593 new issues opened on GitHub in the last quarter (up 90%)
- 608 issues closed on GitHub in the last quarter (up 155%)
- Contributors added to 300+
Most active GitHub issues/PRs:
- dolphinscheduler/issues/8790 [Bug] [Process Definition] Duplicate key TaskDefinition (31 comments)
- dolphinscheduler/issues/9068 [Bug] [API server] could not get flow in exists project after upgrade from 2.0.1 to 2.0.5 (27 comments)
- dolphinscheduler/pull/8340 [Feature-8222] [python] move examples into the scope of source package (17 comments)
- dolphinscheduler/pull/8246 [Feature-8245][Alert] Add Alert Plugin Telegram (14 comments)
- dolphinscheduler/pull/9246 [Fix-9221] [alert-server] Optimize and gracefully close (14 comments)
- dolphinscheduler-website/pull/713 [Feature-8023] [Document] Add example and notice about task type Python (13 comments)
- dolphinscheduler/pull/8747 [Fix-8744][standalone-server] start standalone server failed (13 comments)
- dolphinscheduler-website/pull/667 [Feature-8020][Document] Add example and notice about task type SQL (12 comments)
- dolphinscheduler/issues/7992 [Feature][Alert] Support PagerDuty Plugin && Alert module judging strategy (11 comments)
- dolphinscheduler/pull/9336 [Improvements-9338][API] show more create datasource exception message (11 comments)
Since its inception, Apache DolphinScheduler has undergone several iterations of feature refinement and performance improvement and has been continuously optimized to fit developers' habits, providing users with a mature workflow scheduling solution that has been tested in production environments.
At present, Apache DolphinScheduler has also started to internationalize, for example trying to add Python, AWS, and time zone support to align with international development and usage.
Witness the speed up of open-source in China
2021 is a year of growth for Apache DolphinScheduler, and a year of rapid growth for Chinese open-source projects, too.
- Over 20% of CNCF's open-source projects come from China, making the second-largest contribution in the world.
- In 2021, for the first time, Chinese(Sheng Wu) was elected to the Board of Directors of the Apache Software Foundation.
- In 2021, five projects from China (Apache Linkis, Apache Kyuubi, Apache ShenYu, Apache Eventmesh, and Apache SeaTunnel, which are currently incubating) successfully entered the Apache Incubator. To date, there are 14 ASF projects from China.
- There is also one incubation project that has graduated to the top tier of Apache, which is Apache DolphinScheduler.
As we can see, there is huge potential in open source, and we are calling on more people who are interested in it to join hands with Apache DolphinScheduler so that we can grow together and push Chinese open source to a higher stage in the world!